Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Assignment 11

My question:
I'm wondering that nowadays the new words come up so quick and so many.And is there anyway we can know about the new words and update quickly.Thank you!!


Teacher's answer:
It's not that simple. Slang develops very quickly and is different from country to country. Because of the influence of the US, there is more of an opportunity for that form of slang to become international than some other form of slang (Strine, for instance).
One good place to look is the Urban Dictionary www.urbandictionary....






I think this is pretty useful , and actually they respone the question pretty soon , I thought it might take one day to wait for teacher's answer but in fact you don't have.
And he also gave me a useful website , so I think is pretty awesome !

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you raised this question, Mia. Maybe, i should introduce this site to the class. Very useful, isn't?

    ReplyDelete